[Human] Resources, Research, Rights: Ethical dilemmas in Global Health
The NVTG symposium [HUMAN] RESOURCES, RESEARCH AND RIGHTS focused on ethical dilemmas in global health. How to ensure a fair distribution of scarce resources for health? How to counterbalance the recruitment of skilled health professionals from low resource settings, whilst respecting people’s right to migrate? Decisions on the content of a (global) health research agenda can lead to ethical dilemmas. Finding the right balance between the interests of involved stakeholders is key to managing ethical dilemmas in health.
Close to 200 health care providers, policy makers, and researchers participated in the debate, scientific presentations and workshops on these and other issues in global health ethics.
See below for the keynotes of some of the presenters. For a full overview see the flyer.
Dr Ann Phoya: ‘Ethics and the need for investments in Human Resources for Health’
Prof Mr Dr Brigit Toebes: ‘Human Rights in Global Health’
Sessie TROIE Think tank, Prof. Dr. J. van Delden 'The Utrecht method for moral reflection'
Bekijk hier onze congressen van de afgelopen 11 jaar:
- 2017 on 100 years of TM and IH: 'From tropical medicine to international health'
- 2016 on migrant health: 'Health of people on the move: Access to health for refugees en route and in the Netherlands'. Read more on our statement regarding the health of people on the move
- 2015 on medicines: 'The role of essential medicine in achieving Universal Health Coverage: Access, Quality and Rationale Use'
- 2014 on community health: 'Engaging communities in sickness and health'
- 2013 on urban health: 'Sick Cities: Healthy Habitats: Facing the healthcare challenges of global urbanization'
- 2012 on public private partnerships in health: 'Innovative alliances for global health - New partnerships, New solutions'
- 2011 on networks: 'An ideal match: Connecting NGOs and academica in research for global health'
- 2010 on global health research: 'Health(Y) Research in Resource Poor Settings > Money, Morals & Methods'
- 2010 (minisymposium) in collaboration with the Eijkman Medal Fund, in honor of Charles Eijkman the nobel prize winnar: 'Vitamines in de ontwikkelingssamenwerking' (in Dutch)
- 2009 on linking policy and research: 'From research to imporved policy and practice in international health'
- 2008 on health in conflict areas: 'Health care in conflict: the boundaries of health interventions'
- 2007 during the 5e ECTMIH, the European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health, in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, titled: 'Partnership and innovation in global he@lth. The 2nd announcement and the abstract book can be downloaded here
- 2006 on medical assistance: 'Dutch medical doctors in developing countries: a debate on present and future'
Foto's van het symposium in 2017 (fotograaf Kors de Bruin) vindt u op Irista.
Van het 2018-congres zijn door de NVTG geen foto's gemaakt in verband met de Algemene Verordening Gegevensbescherming.